1) The sensor structure of electromagnetic flow meter is simple, and there are no movable parts in the measuring tube, and there are no throttling parts which obstruct the flow of fluid. Therefore, when the fluid through the flow meter will not cause any additional pressure loss , and is one of the flow meters with the lowest energy consumption in the flow meter.
2) The flow rate of the dirty medium, corrosive medium and the suspended liquid-solid two-phase flow can be measured. This is because there are no obstructing parts in the inner part of the measuring tube，and only the inner lining and electrode of the measuring tube are contacted with the measured fluid.The material can be selected according to the nature of the measured fluid.For example,using PCTFE or PTFE as the lining can measure various corrosive media such as acid, alkali, salt, etc。Wear-resistant rubber as the lining is especially suitable for measuring liquid-solid two-phase flow with solid particles, wear larger slurry, cement slurry and various suspended liquids with fiber and paper pulp.
3) Electromagnetic flow meter is a volume flow measuring instrument.During the measurement process, it is not affected by the temperature, viscosity,density and conductivity of the measured medium (in a certain range).Therefore, the electromagnetic flow meter can be used to measure the flow rate of other conductive liquids only after being calibrated by water.
4) The output of the electromagnetic flow meter is only proportional to the average flow velocity of the measured medium, and is independent of the flow state (laminar or turbulent flow) under symmetrical distribution.Therefore, the electromagnetic flow meter has an extremely wide measuring range, and its measuring range can reach 100:1, and some even reach a running flow range of 1000:1.
5) The electromagnetic flow meter has no mechanical inertia and is sensitive to the reaction. It can measure the instantaneous pulsating flow rate and also measure the flow in both the positive and negative directions.
6）Industrial electromagnetic flow meters have a wide range of diameters from a few millimeters up to several meters,and there are already 3 meters of real-flow calibration equipment in China, which lays the foundation for the application and development of electromagnetic flow meters.